If we could play guitars as fine as this 2007 Applegate SJ all day, it wouldn't be called work. Brian bedecked this SJ with all the bells and whistles: Florentine Cutaway, Koa bindings and arm bevel, African Blackwood back and sides, European Spruce top, and the piéce de resistance, a lute-style soundport in the upper bout! Applegate voiced this SJ with a fingerstylist in mind; listen and you can hear each string ring clean and distinct, and the African Blackwood lends a cavernous, haunting quality to the bass response.
These trebles ought to come with their own nutrition fact sheet; they're that fat and juicy. Playability is breezy and glass-smooth, perfect for swift and efficient left hand work, and this Applegate handles lowered tunings like it was made for it (which is actually the case). Kept in superb condition, this 2007 SJ has opened up sweetly, and is ready to make music for many more years to come.
If we could play guitars as fine as this 2007 Applegate SJ all day, it wouldn't be called work. Brian bedecked this SJ with all the bells and whistles: Florentine Cutaway, ...read full description
Woods & Trim
- Back/Sides: African Blackwood
- Top Wood: European Spruce
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Bridge: Ebony
- Rosette: Flame Koa/Abalone
- Binding: Flamed Koa
- Fingerboard Bindings: Ebony
- Headplate: African Blackwood
- Headstock Bindings: None
- Headstock Inlay: Builder Logo
- Top Trim: Violin Lines
- Back Strip: None
- Fret Markers: None
- Tuners: Gotoh 510s
- Tuner Finish: Gold with Black Buttons
- Body Size: Large
- Scale: 25.4 in. (645.2 mm)
- Nut Width: 1 13/16 in. (46 mm)
- String Spacing: 2 5/16 in. (58.7 mm)
- Body Length: 19 5/8 in.
- Upper Bout: 11 1/8 in.
- Lower Bout: 15 1/8 in.
- Serial #: 86
- Body Depth @Neck Heel: 3 3/4 in.
- Body Depth @Tail Block: 4 5/8 in.
- Frets to body: 14
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Pickguard: Clear
- Case: Original Hard - Cedar Creek Tweed
- Pickup: None. Jack only.
- Condition: Excellent One back crack cleated and stabilized by our very own repairs staff.
Artists who play instruments by this builder: Haley Bonar, Kalai