Resonators just don't come as slick as this. Ron Phillips' hands have crafted numerous powerhouse resonator guitars, but this large-bodied Parlor has got to be one of the cleanest, most angelic voices we've had the pleasure of hearing in the shop. Slide players, in particular, will love the setup, and that extra peppering of smooth, silky tone that only the German Silver body Phillips' hand-spun aluminum resonator cone can provide. The predominant aesthetic in Ron's work is influenced by the Art Deco movement--which this Resonator Guitar exhibits in the elongated and asymmetrical F-holes and the dashed arrows encircling the bridge.
With a voice so moving and sustained, it's no wonder Phillips' large-bodied Parlor model is so successful: thanks to that custom resonator cone, the guitar has crystalline clarity and a clean energy to the setup.
Resonators just don't come as slick as this. Ron Phillips' hands have crafted numerous powerhouse resonator guitars, but this large-bodied Parlor has got to be one of the cleanest, most angelic voices we've had the pleasure of hearing ...read full description
Woods & Trim
- Back/Sides: German Silver
- Top Wood: German Silver
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Bridge: Biscuit
- Rosette: Custom F Holes
- Binding: None
- Fingerboard Bindings: Grained Ivoroid
- Headplate: Ebony
- Headstock Bindings: None
- Headstock Inlay: Builder Logo
- Top Trim: None
- Back Strip: None
- Fret Markers: Diamond
- Tuners: Waverly
- Tuner Finish: Nickel With Ivoroid Buttons
- Body Size: Medium
- Scale: 24 1/2 in. (622.3 mm)
- Nut Width: 1 3/4 in. (44.5 mm)
- String Spacing: 2 1/4 in. (57.2 mm)
- Body Length: 19 1/8 in.
- Upper Bout: 10 in.
- Lower Bout: 13 1/8 in.
- Body Depth @Neck Heel: 3 3/8 in.
- Body Depth @Tail Block: 3 3/4 in.
- Frets to body: 12
- Cutaway: None
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Original Hard - TKL
- Pickup: None
- Condition: Very Good Currently set up medium action for slide and fingers.
One blemish on back of headstock between tuners.
Artists who play instruments by this builder: Array