- Photos & Video
- In Stock
- Calton Cases
- Serial #
Includes should strap.
This case is sized to fit Martin standard 14 fret dreadnought dimensions
Body Width Upper Bout: 11-1/2
Body Width Lower Bout: 15-5/8"
Body Depth at Neck Heel: 4"
Body Depth at Tail: 4-7/8"
Body Length: 20"
Total Length: 40-1/2"
Weight Approximately 16 pounds
Every Calton Case is handcrafted and custom-fit to your instrument.
How are Calton Cases made? By hand and with love. While Calton CNC initial plugs and molds for testing new styles and shapes, once they've tested the cases—inside and out—they are made by hand. Without giving away too many secrets, here is how they do it:
- Measurements: we rely on you (and your dealer) for precise measurements of your instruments. This ensures the perfect fit.
- Exterior I: three layers of hand-laid fiberglass build the foundation for the side walls, tops and bottoms of each case.
- Exterior II: once the fiberglass shell is trimmed, up to 97 rivets are used to adhere latches, catch surrounds (leather bumpers), protective feet and a custom leather handle.
- Interior Stage I: gluing of the rubber trim and initial placement of interior fabric, foam and lining.
- Interior Stage II: cutting and assembly of the remaining foam layers and final velvet placement.
- Squeaky Clean: we call this the "detailing" stage where we meticulously polish exteriors and vacuum interiors.
- Final Inspection: every square inch of every case is looked over, making sure it is ready for the road. We add your label (with serial number) and ship!