This is a treasure. A well preserved 1930 Martin 000-45, quite simply one of the most collectible Martin Guitars ever made. Martin only made 21 of these in 1930 and only 341 in total. This pre war sweetheart embodies that Holy Grail tone all guitarist long for and all builders hold in esteem. Every note is alive and complete. This one plays like a new guitar and appears to be all original but for a pro refinish and proper replacement bridge. We are honored to offer this rare and special 1930 Martin OOO-45.
“We all feel very lucky to get to know this guitar if even for a short while. Just a moments play and you realize exactly why Martin Guitars from this era are held in such high regard. Big round bass, clear, present mids and bold and singing trebles make this as complete a guitar as a player could ever hope for. Collector’s will also be delighted by this vintage pre-war Martin 000-45, it is after all a Holy Grail of guitars.” – Paul Heumiller
- Body Size: Small
- Scale: 25 2/5 in. (645.2 mm)
- Nut Width: 1 7/8 in. (47.6 mm)
- String Spacing: 2 3/8 in. (60.3 mm)
- Body Length: 20 1/2 in.
- Upper Bout: 11 in.
- Lower Bout: 15 in.
- Serial #: 41539
- Body Depth @Neck Heel: 3 1/4 in.
- Body Depth @Tail Block: 4 1/4 in.
- Frets to body: 12
- Cutaway: None
- Pickguard: None
- Case: OHSC
- Pickup: None
- Condition: Excellent, professional refinish, 2 perfectly repaired top cracks, no cleats. Newer belly Bridge. Everything inside is original, includes original case.
- Woods & Trim
- Back/Sides: Brazilian Rosewood
- Top Wood: Adirondack Red Spruce
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: Mahogany, 1 Piece
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Rosette: 45 Style Abalone
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Bindings: Ivoroid
- Headplate: Brazilian Rosewood
- Headstock Bindings: Ivoroid
- Headstock Inlay: Torch
- Top Trim: Abalone
- Back Strip: Marquetry
- Fret Markers: 45 snowflake
- Tuners: original
- Tuner Finish: nickel with ivory buttons
This guitar is now sold.
Paul’s Pick is a new feature on the Dream Guitars website that highlights exceptional vintage and handbuilt guitars that deserve more attention — guitars with exceptional tone, playability, appearance and provenance. For more information on the featured guitar, or any instrument we offer, please call Paul or Steven at (828) 658 – 9795.