Dream Guitars is more than just a guitar shop – we try to serve the world by adding more music to it every chance we get.
To that end, we have a number of initiatives that we are involved in locally including:
– Dream Guitars donates an annual scholarship for the Swannanoa Gathering Guitar Week which allows a student to attend whom otherwise could not afford it. The Gathering is one of the longest running music camps in the country.
– We donate regularly to “Give to the Music”, a non-profit that helps children and teens study music and perform around the Asheville area. We also donate instruments to this organization.
– We also donate instruments to LEAF (The Lake Eden Arts Festival) which is a wonderful organization that has grown to include bi-annual outdoor music festivals, and now supports music in schools throughout our country and in third world nations.
– We have for many years hosted a house concert series where we support professional guitarist from the world over by providing a venue that is not only profitable but wonderful. Many artists have told us it’s one of their favorite places to perform because the audience is so attentive and has a big love for guitar music.
– We also routinely offer free advice to up-and-coming guitar makers who in some cases have went on to become world-class luthiers. We take pride in providing our feedback and experiences where and when possible to help these luthiers’ take their craft to the next level.
– Owner Paul Heumiller is on the board of the Guitar Coalition of Western North Carolina which meets monthly and teaches one another on a variety of guitar subjects.
– Dream Guitars also sponsors “Resonate”, an annual festival that celebrates sound healing – where practitioners use all sorts of instruments and devices to heal the body, mind, and spirit with sound.
– In the past, Paul Heumiller has also volunteered for the board of A.S.I.A. (Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans)
There are numerous other festivals and music related events around the Asheville area that Dream Guitars participates in and sponsors. We are so fortunate to work with music everyday. Any chance we have to share that experience with others, we jump on it. We look forward to continuing to help build the local music community here in the Asheville area into the future.
Spreading Dreams – One Guitar at a Time
Giving back to the music community is not only important to us but crucial to continuing to keep our craft alive and well.
With music in schools diminishing, it has become so much more important for all of us to take ownership in ensuring that the next generations are exposed to all types of music and instruments.
Together, we can also bring music into areas and cultures that have not been exposed to it before by becoming involved in great international initiatives and causes.
We at Dream Guitars take great pride in doing our part in giving back and contributing whenever / wherever we can. Following are a few of the charities and groups we have participated with in the past:
Give To The Music in Asheville NC – Learn More
LEAF Schools and Streets – Learn More
All India Fingerstyle Guitar Contest – Learn More
Via our social media channels and our website, we at Dream Guitars also occasionally donate instruments and music directly to those in need.
Click on any of the social media icons at the top of this page to follow us online, learn more and spread the word!