Conde Hermanos Learn More +
The Conde dynasty was founded by Domingo Esteso (1882-1937), who established his own shop in 1915. Esteso in turn trained his nephews Faustino and Mariano Conde Sr. and later, Julio Conde was trained in his brothersÂ´ workshop. The three brothers Conde continued to work for EstesoÂ´s widow until her death in 1960 and then took over their uncleÂ´s shop, calling themselves ” Hermanos Conde Sobrinos de Domingo Esteso”. Mariano and Faustino Conde in the process of building a guitar.
Famous guitarists such as Manolo de Huelva, NiÃ±o Ricardo, Melchor de Marchena, Sabicas, Mario Escudero, Esteban de Sanlucar, Regino SÃ¡inz de la Maza, Paco de LucÃa… have tasted the reputed Conde Hermanos workmanship.
Soon they have got a great reputation of their own building guitars for the great quality of the materials, the excellent handwork and manufacturing technique which gives the best concert sound to these instruments and the guitars began to be used by famous guitarists such as: NiÃ±o Ricardo, melchor de Marchena, Manolo de Huelva, Mario Escudero, Sabicas, Regino SÃ¡inz de la Maza, paco de LucÃa…
Mariano Sr. later established his own shop close to the Royal Theatre, calling it “Conde Hermanos Sucesores Sobrinos de Esteso” at Calle Felipe V, 2 in Madrid. His two sons, (Felipe, born in 1957 and Mariano Jr., born 1959) began their apprenticeship with their father and uncle Faustino when they were about 15 y.o. Faustino died in 1988 and Mariano Sr. in 1989.
The shop is now run by Felipe and Mariano jr. who continue building guitars in the great Esteso-Conde tradition.
Conde Hermanos guitars have long been held as one of the finest in the world. From there shop at Calle Felipe V, 2 in Madrid they handcraft world class classical and flamenco guitars.