Check this out! This is a Brand New “Relic look” guitar from Jim Merrill. Merrill guitars are synonymous with great prewar tone. Jim employs all the building techniques that made the old Martin guitars the ‘Holy Grails’ we all revere including premium woods, hide glue construction and even the sea snail dot inlays like Martin used.
This particular guitar is a custom “Relic” C-18 based on the 1937 Martin D-18 and aged by Jim to have the mojo of a 1930s guitar but you also get the flawless performance of a modern build by a most talented maker.
- Hand carved neck
- Hand carved braces
- Hot hide glue build
- Nitro-cellulose lacquer finish
- Red spruce top and braces, antique maple bridge-plate
- Ancient Honduras Mahogany back, sides, and neck
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Brown tortoise celluloid binding and end-wedge
- Cloth side reinforcement strips
- Mahogany neck and tail block
- Spanish Cedar kerfed lining
- Sea Snail dot inlays (just like the old guitars)
- Brazilian Rosewood headplate
- MOP logo
- Antique Elephant Ivory nut and saddle
- Galalith bridge pins/end pin
- Brown tortoise celluloid pickguard
- Waverly 1129 tuners
Contact Us for More Info!! 828-658-9795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Players Say: "Great instruments abound at Dream Guitars, each one exquisite with its own personality and soulfulness."
If you are part of the 11 Step Guitar Recovery program (one more guitar and you’ll be cured), then you will literally be in a waking dream when you visit Paul’s shop.
I have bought and sold guitars (and banjos) with Paul and I really appreciate his team’s honesty and knowledge.
I live close by so I have to be extra careful ’cause all I need is just one more