Leo Buendia, one of Ervin Somogyi’s current apprentices and an amazing up and coming builder, is wrapping up his 3 year apprenticeship with Ervin and will be moving to his own shop on October 1st in Oakland CA. At the same time, Leo is building for us an amazing OM featuring beautiful straight grain Brazilian Rosewood and a German Spruce Top.
Click here to watch Paul interview Leo Buendia at this year’s Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival.
Following are the full specs and some images to go along with the current progress.
This one is currently available for purchase here at Dream Guitars – Please call the shop for more information 828-658-9795:
- Soundboard, German Spruce
- Back and sides, Quarter sawn, straight grain Brazilian RW
- Cutaway, Florentine
- 14th-fret to the body
- Rosette, solid ring wood choice bordered in purfling
- Bridge, hand carved Brazilian RW
- Binding, Ebony with black/white purfling
- End graft, triangular style that matches binding
- Backstrip, matching with binding
- Top braces, Sitka spruce
- Back Braces, Mahogany
- Neck, one piece Honduran mahogany
- Headcap veneer, Brazilian RW
- Back of Headcap veneer, Ebony
- Tuning Machines, Gotoh 510 Series stealth in gold
- Fingerboard, ebony with ebony binding and maple purfling
- Fingerboard Radius, 20′′
- Position markers, white dots
- Case, Hoffee custom hardshell case
- Scale Length, 25” for OM
- Nut width, 1 3/4” Scalloped and compensated bone
- Saddle string spacing, 2 1/4” Compensated Bone
- Finish, nitrocellulose Lacquer
Update: Guitar in Finishing Process 12/1/15
Players Say: "The most desirable handmade guitars from all over the world"
Imagine of a place that rounds up the most desirable handmade guitars from all over the world…a place with an inventory that way surpasses any guitar store you’ve ever visited. We can all thank Paul at Dream Guitars for making it a reality.